Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ah...to be young again!

Baaah, why is life so utterly and incredibly dull? I feel disillusioned! When you're young, life is all new and exciting, filled with adventures. I wish I could be a little kid again, so I could re-experience it all. I know I have a lot of life left to live, but right now it all seems rather...blah. Even the things that should be fun, going out with friends and attempting to drink and drug yourself into believing that it's all good, just isn't what it used to be!

It's always the same people going to the same places, talking about the same things and doing the same things each day/week/month/year. Even the little dramas that life dredges up are dull and uninteresting.

When you're a teenager you can't wait to grow up! Become an adult in an adult world, go to clubs without the worries of getting knocked back, experience all the planet has to offer. When you get to the point where it all comes true for you, you just think "Huh...is this it?"

Goddammit, I will have to make my life interesting! I'll walk the Great Wall of China, I'll get arrested in Nigeria for attempting to steal a goat, I'll do SOMETHING to pull myself out of this damnable rut!

Me and Blitzer always wanted to do those things together, we are a pair of kindred spirits in many ways, but as time goes by the images of our great adventures start to fade. We've grown apart somewhat due to the happenings of the last year, but I want to try and get our friendship back to what it was. Especially given the disturbing information he imparted to me on Saturday.

Actually, other than that, Saturday was a surprisingly good night! I was sober, yet insanely hyper. For the many endless nights I spend in Glasgow city centre, very few stand out, but I think this one did.

As for the "disturbing information" I recieved, Blitzer has decided to renew his medic training and head for Gaza. I understand his reasons for doing it, his friend who was working as a medic there was shot in the face a few weeks ago and Blitzer feels the need to do something important before he goes blind. It's his personal mission, but one that I have a hard time supporting.

Well, the chips will fall as they may and it's out of my hands.

3 comments:

Hez said...

I dont ever want to grow up, i fear it. Wish i could be 17 for ever. Even if it means being stuck doing my highers lol.

Everythings shit at the moment but i can't see it getting any better, just bigger problems and bigger crappiness lol.

I wish i could be 15 again.

Ais said...

I wish I was still 17, even though it's a bit of a shitty age (just shy of 18 and all), being 15 would be even better! Don't get me wrong though, there is a lot of good to be had by being an adult. Both sets of ages have their merits and flaws, but look on the bright side, not even a hint of a parental leash when you're older :P

Hez said...

yeah lol true true, although i don't see much of my parents at the moment so i guess i got it early. :P

I look forward to the freedom and laughs.